Friday, August 24, 2007

SINGfest 2007 in Pictures..

Thats right.....it wasn't quite a nite out on the town but more like a whole week! SINGfest 07 finally starts after weeks of preparation and of course I was in the thick of things. For this festival, my job was to clear all the bands at the airport and get them on their way to the hotels as well as do all the other logistic work such as security, transport, promotions and marketing and all the other little bits and pieces. It was a mamoth undertaking.....16 bands.....and some of them were my all time fav's! Pet Shop Boys, Cindi Lauper, Sugar Ray, Shaggy, The Stranglers, Sasha Bach Band, Hinder, MXPX, Avenged Sevenfold, Gym Class Hero's, The Noisettes, Cobra Starship, Crowned Kings, One Buck Short and local boys Great Spy Experiment! My only complaint is that I only got to see a little of Shaggy's set and Gym Class Hero's set on the second day. But I got to spend great time with some of the fantastic artiste....dinner with Cindi Lauper at Il Lido, pictures with Shaggy, Pet Shop Boys, Mark McGraw...and all the other bands...it was a wild rocking ride with little or no sleep...not much food...but what a show! Kudos to the team, Michael, Mel, Peter, Sunder....and the girls, Adeline, Elaine, Natalyn who took on two bands, EV, Crystal and of course Claris. I do wonder why I subject myself to this sometimes but I doing this biz is like a drug. Once you hear the thousands of people screaming and rocking to the tunes, its a unbelieveable high! Oh well.....next stop...Black Eye Peas!

No comments: