Friday, August 24, 2007

Just in case you guys think all I do is have a life after the sun goes down, I actually do stuff in the day too! Alvin had invited me to participate in the SilkAir Monopoly Challenge so off I went on a Sat afternoon to play a game I haven't touched in more than 15 years! Well...playing against 3 young bucks was sure interesting....I found out that some of them play it day and night online actually...but of course, you cannot beat age and experience over being young and energetic and I happily kicked ass! Actually, I came in 10th out of the 1000 participants on the heats so I was invited back the next day to compete against the top 16! Well...it sure was exciting as we were told all 16 of us were assured of winning a pair of tickets to somewhere! Well...had to drag my ass down to Ngee Ann at 10 am for a 12.30 heat.....and played on a board that was 50 m X 50 m!!! Was quite fun throwing the huge dice!! Hahahaha! I got off to a quick start bagging the 3 purples and building first....but unfortuantely didn't sitck to my game plan to get the reds or yellow's and ended up hitting 2 red hotels that knocked me out of the game. Oh well...at least I got a pair of tickets to Cebu!!! Overall a good day that ended up at night out on the town!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

glad they actually gave you your tickets to cebu! my daughter got sick, and even though i returend at 5:30 according to their sms - they said we had to stay until 8pm - but dr told us daughter had to get rest - so had to go home - never even got a t-shirt! would have liked something to remember the fun event by. but in the end - el zilcho! does silk air like families?