Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Kay Ell comes to Town!

Thats right.....over the weekend had a good supprise that some of my good friends from KL, Tunku Eddy and his girlfriend, Neiza as well as Lisa Rahim and her cool husband Kamal dropped into town and gave me a chance to show them my side of Singapore! Well....Eddy's brother Tunku Jamie and Lisa's brother, Boy, are two of my best friends in KL so it was a long awaited chance to show of my town! Was suppose to pick them up at 10.00 pm from Que Pasa but it traffic was stalled all the way from Tanglin Road so after a major taxi diversion, finally got them at Hotel Phoenix only to find that they were 4 of them! Amazing thing was that the cab driver let us all pile in (I know....amazing for a local taxi driver)...and off we headed to Q Bar. When we got in, bumped into Sunder who was doing some Courts event there...and to our supprise...Kelly Rowland who was with Destiny's Child was doing a gig in our club room! Of course, my friends being from KL....they were fans of hip hop and was a plesant supprise! Though the sound system sounded quite bad (I suppose they didn't have budget since they spent of the millions of bucks on their new building) and had to use ours. After chilling and taking in the atmosphere and champagne....we then headed off to my next home, Velvet! Of course...by the time we got there the party was in full swing and they got the full treatment from Victor and Lincoln....tray after tray after tray after tray of shooters.......I think they were quite in shock! Lisa was fairly blown away with the art! Original Henri Li's....Keith Harings... Andy Worhol's Venus Finally we moved up to Members at about 2.30 am for a does of some harder stuff....and of course....walking into Members...who should we bump into but Kershin and Charles who continude to ply us with more champagne!!! What a excellent nite out on the town and something I hope my friends will remember.....sans hangover! Hahahaha!

No comments: