Friday, October 14, 2005

Sometimes the most fun nites out on the town are the ones you don’t plan. Tuesday was one of those nights. After spending most of the day in meetings, I headed down to Suntec city to have a final one with Sunder. We had to explore the feasibility of Fort Canning as a venue for 8000 capacity event. After sorting out our plans, we headed over to Balaclava as usual to catch up with Gerard. He is probably one of the most permanent fixtures in the club. Sunder had to meet another client, Helen, who was with the Australian Trade Commission (I think) and we all trooped in. Gerard snagged us a table and we stated on some beers and wine. It was good to just hang out and learn new things about new people. I must say the meat balls and the sausages as snacks are really happening! However, wine that has a screw cap instead of a cork is quite dubious....Scanning the crowd, it was little surprise to see Maddie, Samantha and Shirley in the crowd together with Steven. Ran off to the toilet and then bumped in to Rudy and Ravi. Rudy was quite intoxicated and poured me double Blacks till he passed out! I must say he is a great friend and can go a little nuts after drinking…but none the less…he is cool! Walked back to my table and guess what? Sunder had thought I had gone off and he and Helen together with Gerard had vacated the premises heading for bak kut teh without me! Man! Am I that easily forgotten? Anyway, was cool that William and Lawrence also turned up for drinks with some other friends and we had a good time catching up about the industry. At about midnight, it was time to run off and catch Michael at Thumper….and by that time I was quite sauced! Anthea turned up too and David Chin happily poured bottle after bottle of Moet down us! The nett result was…..Thea and me up on the bar counter! Thank God it was a quite night and I didn’t totally embarrass myself! Walked out of there with a distinct feeling of vertigo and a happy Moet buzz……

1 comment:

HeadLiner said...

Man u sure party a lot...
:)