Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Tasmania Day 3

It was a real early flight from Sydney "across the ditch" as the Aussies put it...to Tasmania. I have been talking and promising to visit my Godfather Clive for nearly 35 years...and finally I made it! After picking us up at the really provincial airport....we went off for a drive arount Hobart and to check out the museum. A yummy local seafood lunch by the piers and then up to Mount Wellington! Talk about COLD!!! Thogether with the wind chill....I figure that the thermometer dipped to below zero! A little snow fight between us as Godfather kept warm in the car and then off we went to Swansea to his little slice of paradise. A typical country house with a beautiful garden....cute dogs and of course Min and Greer. It was the perfect setting for our engagement which sure took the family by supprise! I think my Godfather was really really proud and I could not have asked for a more memorable place to pop the question. Then standing under the clear Tasman sky with stars sparkling made it a perfect nite (not in the town) but in the garden!

No comments: