Saturday, December 15, 2007

Lets Get It Started!!!! - The Pea's Live

Yes Sir.....its a Monday night and we are ready...the world's biggest hip hop group, The Black Eye Pea's were in town again. We had a few small heart-attacks with one of the girls in the crew not feeling well and needing some medical attention back stage and big Vernon requiring some as well but other than that everything went off without a hitch. The venue was the Singapore Indoor Stadium....and with the opening act by The Click 5, the Peas stormed the stage with individual acts by Apple, Will.I.Am and Fergie! Of course the Pea's all pulled together with their greatest hits after their own segments and the whole stadium was grooving! I managed to get my friend Franck seats right in the first few rows with Tircia and her staff and somehow they were invited backstage for a the meet and greet which was very cool! The whole Midas staff was on hand with Mel, Michael, Nigel and crew all present. I had handed over most of my duties to my successor, Elaine Yeo so I was mostly just a guest there. After the show, we headed back to the hotel and had intended to head over to Thumper....but with the driving rain outside, the boys decided to stay in and continue the party at the Living Room. Of course I joined them for a few but called it a early night out on the town due to work the next day.......how strange for me rigtht! Times...they sure are a changing.

No comments: