Monday, June 11, 2007

My Hat Trick @ Singapore International Cup

Stewart had invited me to the most anticipated horse racing event of the year, the Singapore Airlines International Cup witht he biggest purse of $3 million bucks at stake! Its my first time to head to Kranji for a horse race and what a way to go! Corporate BOX with a flow of wine and beer, food and of course air conditioning! Of course since it was the corporate box we did turn up in our most nifty suits and ended up having a ball of a time! Harry Chua also turned up with his girlfriend Angel...and as the racing started.....we all looked for tips to try our luck. Well...after watching the proceedings for the first 2 races, I finally jumped in to the action on race 3 and bombed out! Not a good start! But undaunted......I decided to give it another swing! There was a bit of paper floating around all the Chairman's Tips...and so who was I to disagree with the Chairman! Wind Chaser was the tip and so I put 10 bucks for the win...and guess what??? I scored!!!!!! Next race.....a quick scan....went to place my bet...and hit it again!!!! By this time everyone was getting quite excited...and the guys in the box were cheering me on to see if I could hit a hat trick....and believe it or not....I DID!!! 3 picks and 3 wins in a row!!! Quite a sensation! Nearly as good fun as a big night out on the town actually. Didnt have much luck on the cup race itself though...but none the less.....at least I made some money from the afternoon! Stewart and myself were very lucky to be able to get a lift out from Harry as the 40 000 strong crowd all headed for the door...and in the end we headed to 1 Rochester for a nice bottle of white wine before calling it a day!

No comments: