Monday, January 29, 2007

Eric Clapton @ SIS

One of the most anticipated concerts to start off the year and I wasn't working on it??? Oh well...it may be all the better! Eric Clapton came back into town after more than 10 years and boy did ole' "Slow Hand" show why he is THE BEST guitarist alive! The concert was sold out months in advance with the top price tickets at $400 bucks! I was luck enough that a good friend gave me a pair of $200 buck seats! Thanks BOSS! You are the Best!!! Everyone that was anyone, including 3 ministers, CEO's, celebrities, music fans and more were in attendance..the carpark was so full of Merc's and BMW's with their drivers you could easily imagine it was a National Day Rally or Bil Gates visiting to give away words of wisdom and hong bao's! Considering I had a gout attack and was in serious pain, Ade did a fantastic job of assisting me in hobbling over to the Indoor Stadium. Patrick Ee was around with Sharon Wang.....and so was my cousin Kelvin who was somewhere backstage with his all access pass. The stage was quite bare but the lighting rig was interesting......with 4 stage follow spots with operators hanging and looking like they were part of circus! The moment the legend took the stage...his tunes just hung in the air. Unfortunately to me..who grew up listening to Bon Jovi and Bananarama, some of it was just over my head...but you could not fault the mastery of music in his fingers. Unfortuantly he did not do "I Shot The Sheriff", "Tears in Heaven" or his other hits...but he did do Layla and Wonderful Tonight! And after? Well...we caught a life from Pat and headed to the Marriott for some food and good company! All together....a good night out on the town if not painful one on the knee! Well....had to get ready for my own show...John Legend arriving the next day!

No comments: