Monday, December 18, 2006

(Part 2)...Black Tie to Beachware....ZoukOUT here we come!

Well...here is Part 2 of the night....and talk about a looooong one it became! As we headed out of Q Bar at 1.00 am...it was impossible to get a cab so we were lucky that Ade's dad was in the area and gave us a lift. He picked us at Q Bar then waited for us at my place while we changed out of our finery (I don't think he must have liked me smelling of a distillery from the back seat though!). Anyway..we managed to get changed in 10 mins thanks to my smart idea of pre-packing for the evening...and off we were to Sentosa. It was nearly 1.45 am when we got there and we fairly sailed thru the check counters! (Yes...this year I remembered to get a ZoukOUT t-shirt the moment I got there!) and then straight to the Velvelt VIP tent with the rest of the boys and girls. This year ZoukOUT was alot larger than the previous years and according to Lincoln, there was more than 20 000 people there (though the papers only said 14 000). It was filled with hot, sweaty, jiggley, funky bodies everywhere! Walking around...on the ground already up-chucking....dancing with each other....chilling out under the coconut trees....and generally up to all the fun stuff that ZoukOUT brings in all of us. Well...we got to the Velvet tent and immediately jammed into Franck and his merry band right next to Team Victor! Chris and George from EHG, Dr Marc Tay, Esti and her girls....it would really seem like Zouk had built a special annex for us to party in...how COOOOOOL! First thing I got were a few bottles of bubbly (no choice but Moet...) Anthony and Lincoln were having a blast...Mag and May were happily getting boppin' away....Don....and our guest Koko and company from Bangkok! John Paul and Ross Heaps popped in as well though missed catching up with them for champagne! As the night went on...we also managed to catch up with Ade's friends Rizal, Mel and company at the hip hop tent when Jazzy Jeff was spinning! Da' Bomb MAN! And of course as we were roaming around, we bumped into Lincoln who reminded me to keep the tradition of doing the legendary Sunrise Set with DJ Pippi....and so we did! Big thank you to Vammy who let me pass my phone out of the loo before she attacked me with the water jug! So refreshingly cold at that hour of the morning! Oh...and while I know I was supposed to go check out the Johnny Walker tent...I swear I tried but just could not find it! So as the night on the town went on to a morning on the beach....all I can remember is that I have now officially one year to get my driving license and a car so that I will never have to take a bus out of ZoukOUT ever AGAIN!

No comments: